Tuesday, March 30, 2004

More Pesach Cleaning

Velvel finds an old Country Yossi mag with the following letter to the editor:
Dear Country Yossi,
As an avid concert-goer, I would like to express my concern over the kind of music making its way into our Yiddishe community. I attended a concert recently and greatly enjoyed the performers. However, I was shocked and offended by the jazzy, rap-style music of one group. Had I wanted a rocky, meaningless, and downright repulsive performance, I could have gone to a rock concert or tuned into some funky FM station.
Are these the role models we would like for our children? Is this the style of music befitting a frum community?
A Concerned Concert Goer
Velvel has no comment... but I do. I'm pretty sure that this writer has no idea what jazz or rap are. He just "knows" that they are bad. The appropriate style of music for the frum community is apparently cheesy pop/rock.