Thursday, March 18, 2004

Avromie Flam Interview

Cleveland Jewish Radio posts a transcript of an Avromie Flam interview.

There's a lot of misinformation here, including the misattribution of song credits, the incorrect identification of which vocalist has passed away, and the mangling of an arranger's name, but I'm not going to address those now.

Here's an excerpt from the interview:
I’ve spoken to a number of people who say, well, there’s so many albums coming out that I don’t even buy anything because I don’t know what to buy and spend my money on. And it’s really hard. You have to be an educated consumer. To find out what’s really becoming popular and what’s a proper production. Because in a real production there’s a lot of time and a lot of finances go into it.
So, an educated consumer is one who finds out what is really becoming popular and buys that??? Oy!