Tuesday, October 05, 2004

You're The Meaning In My Life, You're The Inspiration.

Psycho Toddler writes:
You know who has inspired me? A family friend, who once swore to us that he would never put his kids through a yeshiva education, who started learning in the kollel. That made me determined to get a chevrusa, though the needling of the frummies always made me want to keep out.
Lenny Solomon, who loves Rock and Roll and Star Trek, but insisted on taking an red-eye flight into Chicago before a gig, so that he would be able to catch a minyan there. After that I started going to minyan more.
Ruby Harris, who, during a break at an Irish Pub where we were playing, turned to me and asked, 'Are you taking time to learn a little everyday? You should do Daf Yomi.' That made me want to play in Bars more (just kidding).
Lenny Solomon... a true "Minyan Man."