Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Arkady writes:
Hey guys,

This week I came across what turned out to be A HORRIBLE RUMOR about a
passing of our colleague, drummer, MATT MILLER...

•• MATT IS NOT DEAD, MATT IS ALIVE and KICKING HIS LYMPHOMA'S BUTT... ••

But, Matt definitely could use your help and prayers!

In support of the collective effort of Matt's friends, I've contributed this
webpage:

http://www.arkady.com/mattmiller.html

Please stay tuned, and do what you can to help Matt. And, if nothing else,

PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD, AND PUT THE END TO THIS HORRIBLE RUMOR!

Be WELL....

 ARKADY
website: http://www.arkady.com
Psachya writes:
In response to Warren Cohen -
There are some '70's club-daters still in the game. Here's a by-no-means complete list of '70's guys I've gigged with (or seen at simchas) relatively recently. Some are semi-retired; some, like the first name on the list, are still full steam ahead:

Yisroel Lamm
Mordy Bass
Michael Septimus
Yehuda Spinner
Lenny Schwartz
Vladimir Grinberg
Avram Pengas
Jerry Markovitz
Lenny Friedman (after a long hiatus)
Yossi Rosenberg
Jerry King
Shelly Lang
Shmuel Klaver
Avner Levy
Shlomo Haviv
Ken Gross
Gadi Bodinger
Harold Fruchter
Aaron Goldring
Arie Pollak
Yitzy Braun
Rami Levit
Eli Zomick
Yossi Piamenta

I realize that some of the names are borderline late-'70's/early '80's, but you get the idea. And if this is the Warren Cohen I know, I would also add to the list his brother Michael, who still plays a fine trumpet.
PT writes about the "Iron Butterly" album:
What ever happened to those guys?

I did a show with Kabbalah at the Javits Center many years ago and they were one of the acts. I still have that cassette somewhere.
I believe they released a Hebrew album about a year or so back, but I haven't heard it. In between, they became the Torah Tots. Oh, and some chick singer stole their song