Tuesday, May 15, 2012

More On Frum Songs....

E. comments on More Music Questions for Rav Kanievsky...

I don't know about Rav Kanievsky, but we did have a few rabbeim in high school who got very angry and agitated when they heard a few boys singing "Avrohom and Yitzchak will be there to greet us, Yaakov and his sons will stand by and smile...." "REALLY? WHO SAID??!?! WHO SAID?! Some singer? Some entertainer? Some fat oizvarf with a microphone?"

But what I really wanna know is, how can Mama Rochel cry for us again when the day will come that she raises her sweet voice, if she was truly laid to rest on the roadside forever?

Oh and on that note, something which has bothered be for decades: "Never will i be alone, with his help i can stand on my own." Make up your friggin' mind, buddy.


I'm glad Rav Kanievksy clarified that tears thing. I always wondered how the bricks would function descending in fire if they were wet.

I can safely say that there is no 'frum' pop lyric that has bothered me for decades.