Monday, February 13, 2006

Support Jewish Music, Don't Download Illegally!

Since its inception, this blog has been getting hits from people looking to download Jewish music. I've noted in the past that the searches for "Yeshivish" type music (Shwekey, Lipa, etc) go up during bein hazmanim (yeshiva vacation). Recently, I've been getting a lot of hits from people who've seen the film, "Ushpizin", searching for Adi Ran mp3's. Some of these folks have even sent emails asking if I could help.

Here are two examples:

K. writes:
I googled usphizin and adi ran and found your blog. I was trying to download both those songs. Do you know where I can download them? I tried the links you had in the blog, but it didn't work. Thanks.
Jeff writes:
I saw your blog and was trying to find the downloads from Adi Ran (Ushpizin). I went to the archive 10-31-05 but could not find it on the page. actually, the last blog on the page is 10-31. Can you tell me where I can hear the songs from the movie?
Folks, the market for Jewish music is not that big. I strongly urge everyone to support creative Jewish music by buying recordings. In addition to the fact that illegal downloading is stealing, it also reduces the ability of JM artists to pursue their art. Don't do it.