Thursday, February 12, 2004

Reader Email

A reader sent in the following:
My 12 year-old daughter's counselor called my wife the other day offering to take my daughter to the Chevra concert. After discussing it with me we decided, "thanks but no thanks". We got rid of our TV to try to protect our children's neshamas from vulgar secular influences. Why would we subject her to this vulgar garbage.
By the way, you really can't make the PR up!!
I find it interesting that many who wouldn't dream of allowing their kids to listen to "Jewish Rock" performers seem to have no problem with the Chevra's music, while others who have no problem with "Jewish Rock" (i.e. Diaspora) are ideologically opposed to the Chevra. I understand where the latter group is coming from, but the first position seems incomprehensible to me.