Wednesday, September 20, 2006

From the mailbag...

Ron Benvenisti writes:
I am pleased to announce the formation of a new program for Lakewood Community residents which will be tailored to the needs of the OrthodoxJewish children and adults. Please see: lakewoodmusic.blogspot.com for more information.
E. writes:
now i know why we are so messed up!

The entertainers have the "leading poyskim" worrying so much about how to compose the latest diatribe in CD copying they missed many years of deceit in Kashrus. Priorities, people! (and dont tell me the priority is keeping people from transgeressing and not as all the claimants have written, protecting the poor singers' parnasah.)
Daniel Greenwood responds to the Jewish hip-hop video we posted a few days ago.
Dont know.My 1st impression is not very good music.I can understand if the Artist does it and there is Artistic merit in it,well that's cool.I heard Ta Shma and I was impressed 'cause it sounds good.The 1st rule is are you copying someone else?If so you are not being yourself.Music is music.I like it when it's good!I like it more when it's creative and original.
PT writes:
I don’t know if any of your readers said this yet, but this “rental agreement” looks very similar to an abbreviated version of the End User’s License Agreements that we all click “I agree” to without reading whenever we install a piece of software. It’s very common and pretty meaningless.