It's been a while since we've had a good discussion thread on the blog. Here's one that many folks have strong opinions on. I'd like to hear from folks on both sides on this. Pro and anti. From management, union workers, and the union too, if they want to contribute. Let's see if we can get a useful conversation going.
A few questions to start...
1) Does the union have a serious role in the Jewish club date field?
1a) Should the union have a role?
2) For union members: How specifically has the union helped you personally? Do you feel it is worth joining/staying in the union?
3) For non-union members: Why haven't you joined the union? Has there been any down side for you?
4) For offices who have a union contract: How has being union helped or hindered your business?
5) For offices who don't have a union contract: How has being non-union helped or hindered your business?
6) For all, any general thoughts or questions on this topic you want to share or discuss?
As a trigger, for this discussion, I'm going to repost a link I shared in an earlier link dump, "Let's Stabilize the Jewish Club Date Field."
This situation can be viewed in a variety of ways, as either demonstrating a strength or weakness of the union. What's your take on it?